It is miraculous how varied ‘miracles’ can be.
The dictionary defines a miracle as an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws. Humans, however, define it much more differently.
One of the most well-known miracles is the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. And every religion has its share of miracles, fundamental center points on which the faith resonates with its followers.
But what about the miracles that fall outside the realm of religion?
- The survival of a victim of an earthquake, even days after being trapped in rubble.
- The recovery of a patient overcoming a chronic illness.
- The birth of the most beautiful child, that every mother has.
- The job offer letter from your dream organization.
- The sight of new land to Christopher Columbus.
These all too are termed ‘miracles’, the real miracle being the soul’s limitless perseverance.
But there are miracles of a third kind too, the ones you don’t see everyday. Here’s my list of a few:
- Winning the jackpot on your first go at those devious slot machines.
- Crashing into a yard sale that has great offers on the exact stuff you need.
- Finding a thousand bucks in your roommate’s wallet.
- Halfway down your way to the office you realize it’s a Sunday.
- Finding a portable charger that has some charge left.
- Finding a rickshaw driver who agrees to the meter fare on the streets of Chennai.
And the list can go on and on. These are miracles that do justice to their dictionary definition. In fact, with the dictionary definition in mind, I also consider it a miracle to have been able to write this piece after a long day’s work.
It is miraculous how varied miracles can be.
Image Courtesy: http://www.wallpapermania.eu/
Have a category of miracles to share?
Shoot them in the comments section! 😉
Looking forward to your views! 🙂
Miracles happen to those who believe!